Most organizations, even successful organizations, have learned to live with high levels of interpersonal and interdepartmental politics, competition, silos, turf issues, and broken communications. Unfortunately, we have become so accustomed to these levels of disunity and competition that organizations rarely target workplace unity as an explicit goal. Yet this insidious disunity diminishes every effort in which the organization is engaged. To be effective organizations need to continually develop increasing levels of unity. True synergy resides in whole system integration. The true potential of organization is not only defined by the talent and skills of the individuals within it, but also by the quality and nature of the relationship that exists between those individuals. Those organizations that seize the challenge of forging workplace unity can take a quantum leap forward in achieving the future they seek.
- Owners, presidents, CEOs
- Managers and supervisors
- All employees in the organization
Participants will leave with an expanded awareness of the role they can play and the choices they must make to remove organizational barriers and create greater unity of effort. They will be able to:
- Take responsibility for taking proactive steps to build synergistic relationships between individual and departments.
- Capitalize on the diversity of talents and capacities within the organization.
- Create a workplace climate that encourages and supports collaboration and effective teamwork.
- Experience a renewed excitement about being part of a unified, whole system effort.
Your organization will benefit from having:
- A genuine sense of shared vision, of all working to serve the same customers.
- New and better work processes proactively sought out across departmental lines.
- Synergy that generates excitement and enthusiasm about organizational goals.
- A commitment to the quality of the relationship between different areas.
- Ease of information sharing and communication.
- Expanded cooperation across functions.
- Enhanced effort throughout the organization.
This workshop can be presented in a 3 to 4 hour format.